Buy the Books
Buy the Books!
Each book in the 'Finding Your Way' series introduces us to a character struggling to understand their emotions. They each journey through Lifeland, a magical place where the six BIG feelings of sadness, fear, happiness, anger, disgust and surprise are waiting to be explored. Helping them along their way are their friends and confidants and so the magical adventure begins.
Kay’s aim is to reach children everywhere to help teach them about human emotions, to understand why we have them and how to deal with them. Each book includes excellent professional guidance notes for parents, carers and teachers.
Finding Your Way Series
Each book includes:
- 'Lifeland' map
- Fun characters and stories that link together across the series
- Rhyme, to assist memory and language learning
- Stories written from the child's perspective about their worries and anxieties
- Opportunities to discuss social and cultural issues affecting children
- Safe introduction to the ‘big' feelings of sadness, fear, happiness, surprise, anger and disgust
- Positive confidant role models
- Wisdom gained through working directly with children and families in schools
- Guidance notes for parents and carers
Along with helping with their emotional intelligence, reading with your child just 4 times a week can also help to develop their reading and literacy skills.