Buy the Books
Buy the Books!
Each book in the 'Finding Your Way' series introduces us to a character struggling to understand their emotions. They each journey through Lifeland, a magical place where the six Core Emotions of sadness, fear, happiness, anger, disgust and surprise are waiting to be explored. Helping them along their way are their friends and confidants and so the magical adventure begins.
Kay’s aim is to reach children everywhere to help teach them about human emotions, to understand why we have them and how to deal with them. Each book includes excellent professional guidance notes for parents, carers and teachers.
Finding Your Way Series
Each book includes:
- 'Lifeland' map
- Fun characters and stories that link together across the series
- Rhyme, to assist memory and language learning
- Stories written from the child's perspective about overcoming challenges, concerns and anxieties
- Opportunities to discuss social, environmental and cultural issues affecting children
- Safe introduction to the core emotions of sadness, fear, happiness, surprise, anger and disgust
- Positive role models with a clear framework for identifying, sharing and safe talking with key adults
- Wisdom gained through working directly with children and families in schools for 20 years
- Guidance notes for teachers, parents and carers
Along with developing their emotional awareness, reading with your child just 4 times a week can also help to develop their reading and literacy skills.